Air Export Specialist Istanbul
Job Function: Air Freight
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Level: Professional
Office Location: Istanbul (IST), Turkey
The Panalpina Group is one of the world’s leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Air Export Specialist Istanbul to execute Air freight export operations in an efficient and effective manner as per SOP or supervisor’s instructions to ensure timely and accurate completion of day to day jobs and thereby to support the department to ensure smooth clearance, delivery and declaration of cargo in line with respective process and KPI’s.
* Understands and ensures adherence to Panalpina Quality Policies, Standards and Guidelines (according to ISO 9’001, ISO 14’001 and ISO 18’001 certification) and ensures compliance to processes and procedures set in Panalpina IMS.
* Ensures strict adherence to Panalpina Code of Conduct.
* Ensure daily and weekly tasks are optimally planned and executed as assigned by or in liaison with direct Supervisor.
* Liaise with Customer service on all client & shipments related requirements.
* Verification of all commercial shipping and local documents and adherence to all export regulations.
* Ensures transit & import station requirements are fulfilled.
* Timely & accurate update of all data in FOS from file opening stage.
* Updates all special data fields in FOS as per client reporting requirements.
* Liaise with carriers for verification of export rates, booking and capacity confirmation.
* Liaise with transport desk for cargo pick up and trucking service making sure the shipments are picked up booked.
* Coordinate with custom clearance desk for timely and accurate preparations of customs bill of entries.
* Liaise with sub-contractors providing services to Air export operations such as packing, hazardous material handling …etc.
* Coordinates with ground handling agent for freight terminal dock-booking where applicable.
* Handover of documents for export shipments to field operations coordinators for preparation of document/consol pouches.
* On-line submission of certificate of origin & follow up on collection and legalization.
* Application for special permits and clearance from local authorities such as DCA permits.
* Following up with customer service officer for all special cargo permits/ clearance required from consignee.
* Accurate & timely job costing and file hand-over to invoicing officer, ensuring shipment costs are updated correctly under “Job costing” in FOS.
* Liaise with Invoicing officer for any CASS, supplier invoices, job costing discrepancies or AWB stock maintenance.
* Follows up on cargo tracking & tracing with ground handling agent, carriers, PA destination offices & agents.
* Updates shipment milestones into the appropriate systems, e.g. Pantrace, Intra or ComBas.
* Uploads all documents in e-file.
* Immediate notification to direct supervisor and/or department head in case of any discrepancies.
* Timely and accurate update of operational discrepancies in IHT.
* Any other Tasks assigned by immediate supervisor or department head.
* Graduate from recognized university/college.
* 2-3 years of relevant air freight operational experience.
* Knowledge in freight forwarding and logistics mainly in Air Export operations.
* Knowledge about markets and competitors
* Overall understanding of business processes and interdependencies.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to work on rotating shifts.
* Proactive team player.
* Attention to detail & quality.
* Initiative and commitment to achieve.
* Fluency in written and spoken English (knowledge of local language is an advantage).