Business Development Manager Istanbul
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Job Function: Marketing and Sales
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Level: Professional
Office Location: Istanbul (IST), Turkey
The Panalpina Group is one of the world’s leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a Business Development Manager Istanbul to achieve sales plan objectives with assigned SME clients and targets by effectively selling PA’s products.
* Understands and ensures adherence to Panalpina Quality Policies, Standards and Guidelines (according to ISO 9’001, ISO 14’001 and ISO 18’001 certification) and ensures compliance to processes and procedures set in Panalpina IMS.
* Ensures strict adherence to Panalpina Code of Conduct.
* Generate business with assigned SME clients and achieve targets in line with the sales plan
* Assure the successful client integration along with support function Tele-sales.
* Provide information to Country Head of Marketing &Sales for “sales planning” and forecast activities
(including prospect qualification and local market intelligence)
* Provide client and target information, maintain CRM with 100% accuracy on every sales call and visits.
* Execute sales process and achieve minimum number of sales visits per week.
* Contact potential customers to profile and qualify for business opportunity.
* Draw detailed client SOP’s to ensure the operational execution.
* Business administration / commercial background
* Sales experience within our industry (minimum 3 years)
* Functional experience in air / sea / Logistics / Customs brokerage
* Sales experience
* Sales and negotiation skills
* Complete understanding of PA (strategy and products)
* Local market knowledge (customers, competitors, suppliers)
* Expertise and professionalism in customer contacts, understanding of customer requirements, analysis and resolution of problems and complaints
* Ability to successfully execute the sales process.
* Ability to manage cross-functional interfaces (Operations and ISPs).
* Self-management (Planning, Organizing & Goal Setting, Execution)
* Decision-making capabilities
* Self driven and with strong spoken and written communication skills
* Effective listening
* Ability to influence and convince others in a way that results in acceptance and agreement
* Relationship building and maintenance capabilities.
* Willingness to engage in constructive confrontation
* Results oriented
* Customer focus
* Presentation skills
* Local language/Turkish is mandatory
If you wish learn more about this opportunity, please contact:
* Alper Eryılmaz – Country Head of Marketing & Sales